A friend of mine challenged me to write a happy story in three words. This challenge snowballed.
- She said yes.
- It’s a girl!
- I graduated college!
- It is done.
- This is fun!
- Let’s go home.
- Come here, boy!
- Let’s do lunch.
- It is finished.
What happy stories can you write in three words? What’s the least cliché, happy story that you can write in three words? I’m curious: What stories do these three-word stories of mine evoke for you?
Highlight below to find out what I was imagining when I wrote these.
- A proposal is accepted, probably a marriage proposal or a request for a date.
- A baby is born.
- A relieved college student has graduated, just received the notification that she has passed all of her classes and will be allowed to graduate perhaps, or perhaps has walked and now has the ceremony and diploma to prove it.
- Someone has completed a long project.
- Something someone is doing is fun.
- Someone is finally going home.
- A pet is found.
- Someone’s either going to meet someone for lunch (a happy conclusion on its own) or is perhaps about to have an exciting business meeting.
- That’s the Christ story.