Day 14 I started the morning on page 338 of 408. I complained a great deal about not knowing how my antagonist would speak to his lover when he thought that they were alone, and about having to even record such an awkward conversation. I really didn’t leave page 338, though I did begin an off-screen scene of their first commingling. Kid again heard some of it. My roommate has I believe talked me out of visible a Lichtenberg scar, but I think I will know that he has one, just along his back where it will remain hidden (and I guess now you’ll know too). I did an Enneagram Test for my antagonist (he’s a 3). Then the afternoon was given over to helping a friend, and the night was sacrificed to using my computer to introduce my roommate to the Sherlock fandom. I read through page 344, but with a mind to refresh my memory and enjoy the story rather than to edit. I had 139,775 words at the end of day 14.
Day 15 (halfway! yikes!) sees me again on 338 of 408. I have 70 pages left to edit in the next 15 days! And if that isn’t a kick in the pants…. I’ve Enneagramed a second character, and she too is a 3, though he is 3 with a 4 wing and she is a 3 with a 2 wing. Today’s quandary is how to safe search and get the answers that I need for this scene. The answer is, as far as I can tell, that such a thing is impossible. As such, I have not searched and will not search, but I will rewatch scenes from HBO’s The Game of Thrones, because I know then at least what I’m getting into. In trying to find these characters’ voices, I’ve started another off-screen scene, but the most successful venture seems just to trim their dialogue. I’ve pared down the document to 407 pages and 139,642. I’m on page 340. I think I’ve just forced myself over the hurtle.
Day 16 and I’m starting on page 340 of 407! 67 pages in 14 days! Finishing day 16 having edited through page 344 and read through and made notes to page 349. I hit a large swath that needed almost no changes at all–or I say that, but…. I have 139,643 words.